Disclaimer: This tutorial shows how to synchronize blackberry contacts with gmail. You should know what you are doing here. I offer this tutorial without any further support or warranty.
So, you want to synchronize a blackberry phone with your google calendar account? You followed every single tutorial on the web but still the phone replies with error messages like „An unexpected problem occurred with some features may not be working correctly“?
Well, I experienced the same problem when I tried synching my girlfriend’s brand new Blackberry Classic phone. Tutorials from 2013 or 2014 don’t seem to work anymore. But – after a few hours of tinkering, I found a solution for the error mentioned above. Maybe this works for your phone, too?
Before we start, you should delete any Google Contacts accounts you may have set up already. You should also know that we are going to enable Google 2-Step Verification. It’s a great way to secure your Google account and make sure you’ve got 100% control of the devices that are allowed to use your account. Here’s more information about 2-Step Verification: https://www.google.com/landing/2step/.
Ok, you still want this? Let’s go:
1. Have you already configured Google Mail? This seems to work without any problems. If not, go to How to synchronize Blackberry 10 with Gmail. This is important!
2. With your computer, login to Google and go to https://accounts.google.com/SmsAuthConfig to start configuring Google 2-Step Verification.
2. Click on the blue button (something like „Setup“).
3. If you haven’t already, enter your phone number and check text message. You can also have Google calling you, but I think everyone prefers text messages.
4. Click on „Send Code“ to get 2-Step Verification started. It should be sent to you immediately via text message.
5. Enter the code and decide whether your computer is a secure device (if it is your computer, you want it to be one). Click on the blue button.
6. Next click „Re-Connect my apps“. You will now create app specific passwords.
7. To synchronize Google Contacts, in the first dropdown choose „Calendar“ and in the second drop down choose Blackberry.
8. Click on „Create“. It will tell you a password. Please save this password for later use, e.g. in a Spreadsheet.
9. Now, on your Blackberry, go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Advanced > CalDav.
1. Enter a name for the account, e. g. „Google Calendar“
2. Enter your user name (typically this is your gmail adresse including @gmail.com)
3. Rnter your email adress
4. Enter the password Google gave you in Step 8 (this is important, don’t use your „normal“ password)
5. As a server enter www.google.com.
10. Click on save. Your calendar should sync now.